I’m having a baby with my ex – but long for us to be a family | Dear Mariella

This man has made it clear he doesn’t want a romantic relationship with you, says Mariella Frostrup. So find out your financial rights and focus on the baby

The dilemma I am a 30-year-old woman and I’ve always wanted to settle down. Last spring I met a man with a previous marriage and a child. We were a good match, but without warning, after a few lovely months, he ended it. I took it badly and then all hell broke loose when I realised I was pregnant. I told him and we decided to keep the baby. I now see him a few times a week and we’ve bought a house, but we argue about him not prioritising time to build our relationship.

While he’s often kind and thoughtful, he also seems detached and unloving, resenting any extra demands I make. We don’t feel like a team and he openly admits he doesn’t love me, although he believes in time this might change. As the pregnancy progresses I feel constantly ill with worry and heartbreak, and my insecurities are bubbling over. I used to be confident with a good sense of self worth. When I try to talk to him it usually ends in a horrible argument with him cold and angry and me hysterical. Should I try to swallow my pride and persevere – or to build a stable foundation myself from the beginning?

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2FJFcZ4

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form