‘We married in secret five weeks after meeting. It was young love and lust – and I’d do it again’

Laura and Jay Anderson were 18 and 20 when they met as students in the early 90s. They now live in Minnesota with their two children and three dogs

It was January 1992 when Jay spotted Laura in a bar in Washington DC. “I was on a date with someone else, but it was clear there was nothing there for either of us,” Jay recalls. The bar was busy, so he and his date began chatting to other people. “I thought Laura was the most beautiful woman I’d ever seen. I had to speak to her.”

The pair discovered they were both students at local universities and quickly hit it off. “I’d never seen such a well-dressed college kid,” says Laura. “He had lovely manners and seemed very grown-up for his age.” At the end of the night, she gave him her number but he lost it. “I remembered the prefix of the number for the building she lived in, so I called about 50 people until I found her.”

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2Lz8zAs

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form