'No better party dish': deep-fried snapper with green mango salad recipe

Green mango is slightly tart with a hint of sweet starchiness and a creamy texture, making it a perfect tangled mess to adorn a fried fish

I was asked to throw around a green mango at a photo shoot recently. It’s about as glamorous as my life gets. Which is to say, not at all. I’m usually sweating in kitchens, dumpster diving for boxes behind my local IGA or in the field squatting over whatever I’m harvesting.

As I was throwing the nam dok mai mango in the air, I tried to make sure that I caught it, because to grow one of these prized mangoes takes time. Three years from a grafted tree in Arakwal Country to be exact: that’s how long it’s taken our trees to produce. We’ve been extremely lucky – I have heard from multiple growers that it can take up to six years for a grafted tree to produce fruit. As the camera flashed, I was concentrating more on catching the darn mango than working my best angle.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2Q6sloo

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form