My thoughtful gift guide to buying for toddlers – which doesn’t take much thinking | Séamas O’Reilly

The things that please my young son most mean there’ll be no expensive present buying here

When it comes to buying our son presents, it can be hard to know what will work. For adults, my wife and I are both good at procuring thoughtful gifts – getting that tiny thing you mentioned months earlier without having the faintest inkling we noticed. She does this because she’s a thoughtful person. I do it because ‘thoughtful gifts’ are often cheaper. It’s a dirty trick, but I love it. If I ever do try crack, I can only hope it measures up to the thrill of being praised for a gift that cost £2, but makes the dear, deluded recipient feel like a million quid. ‘Oh my God,’ they’ll say, ‘a bag of wet leaves – just like we talked about that time!’

With babies, of course, it’s a little more complicated but, rather than going for the same old, in-demand bauble everyone else is getting their baby, I’ve compiled a list of more specific gift ideas that ought to bring the house down for a fraction of the price.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/35ltgb6

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form