I'm scared of being the granny everyone avoids. How do I get over this? | Leading questions

Christmas brings up questions of worthiness for a lot of us, writes Eleanor Gordon-Smith. The good news is, no one in your family is ranking you

My eldest son and his wife have recently had their first child – the first grandchild for her widowed mother, my ex-husband and his wife, and myself. All of us get on well and of course we want the best for our children and the baby.

But I have this desperate anxiety the whole time about being the grandparent “in third place”. How do I get over that? I know it’s not a competition, but I can’t get past the thought that I’m lacking in the parenting/grandparenting skills that the others have.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/35U0fn5

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form