‘I’m glad you reached out but I’m at capacity’: is corporate jargon ruining our friendships?

Instead of spending time with a friend, now you can send them a template text – a generic response explaining that you’re too busy. There are even templates for sexting

They call him Mr Buy-In. After Tessa Rowe, a recruitment worker from Bristol, went on an underwhelming second date with Aaron (not his real name) – they had been set up by friends – he walked her home and asked if she would like to meet up again. Rowe declined.

“He put his foot in my front door,” says Rowe, 33, laughing, “and said: ‘What’s wrong? I’m not getting the same buy-in as I did the first time around.’” Inevitably, Mr Buy-In became a legend in Rowe’s friendship group.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2rVEXXj

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form