Ice baths and deep breaths: How ‘rewilding’ myself left me feeling superhuman

Sedentary lifestyles, artificial lights and too much comfort are bad for us. So is it time to kick away our chairs and go back to nature?

I drop into an outdoor freezer full of water and ice, with no clothes on, in December. My body starts to buck, breath unable to leave my lungs. It feels as if I’m going into cardiac arrest.

I suspect that this one-to-one session with Tony Riddle, ultra-athlete and natural lifestyle coach, will be my ruin. When he greets me, too early in the morning, he is disconcertingly hale, with the focused gaze of a Viking approaching shore. Worse, he is wearing a pair of those amphibious foot-gloves. You know, the ones with individual toe sheaths that make you think a gorilla is walking towards you on its hands.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2P4mxMR

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form