How we met: ‘I never thought I’d end up with a woman’

Holly and Sian Burford-Thomas, 39 and 36, met at a job interview in 2006. They live in Suffolk with their two-year-old daughter and two cats

For Holly and Sian, a job interview at the end of 2006 kicked off a love story they weren’t expecting. “I was managing the New Players theatre in Charing Cross in London and looking for a front-of-house manager,” Holly says. “When Sian came in, it was a very serious interview, but I did think: ‘Wow – she’s fit.’” During a tour of the theatre, she felt a “jolt of electricity”.

As for Sian, she considered herself heterosexual. Yet, when she was offered the job, she had a feeling that it could change her life. “I wasn’t sure why, but it felt like a really big decision.”

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/33GQIO4

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form