A squirrel brings out the animal-lover in my boy

To my wife they’re rodents in period costume, but to my son Mrs Squirrel is his new best friend

We first saw her a few weeks ago, slowly encroaching on our territory when my son sat facing the window. We hadn’t expected this squirrel to take any notice of him, much less to tap her finger on the glass to get his attention. It was an odd gesture, but then squirrels are a bit like that, with their strangely human little hands, held in front of their crouched knees like old ladies gripping handbags. Was Mrs Squirrel prepared for his delighted response, and the beginning of a friendship that is testing his mother’s patience?

We’re unlikely to get a pet ourselves, because my wife dislikes all animals

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2LahfNz

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form