My birth mother doesn’t want to know me. Should I forget her? | Annalisa Barbieri

We think making contact will add to our lives, says Annalisa Barbieri, but sometimes it erodes what we already have

I was born in 1966 and adopted as an only child by loving parents, both of whom have died in the last 10 years. I am happily married with a successful business, and no children.

My parents knew my birth mother through work and arranged the adoption privately. I tried to find my birth parents, but had no success until two years ago, when I found my father’s family and a half-brother. Sadly, my father is no longer alive, but his family have embraced me. Boosted by this, I tried again to find my mother and, with the help of a Facebook search group, I did. I discovered she had a child two years after me, followed by three more, and appears to have been married to their father since then.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2smbcif

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form