I’m not stealing the limelight – my son and I are quite the handsome pair

It’s time for a new photo and this time around my baby looks just as gorgeous as me

The lights have been set up and my son is ready for his close-up. He’s primed and preened in a nice jumper, hair brushed in that one way that means he’s either going to mass or having a photoshoot. Actually, in a strange reversal of my own childhood, he has now attended twice as many photoshoots as church services – so perhaps we’re gearing him up to rebel via a dramatic lean toward Catholic devotion in his mid-teens. At least my dad will be happy.

For now though, it’s time to update the photo for the print versions of this column, which means my wife and I spend an afternoon cajoling him into being as toothsome as he can be. Getting it right is important – because his previous photo was a bone of contention in our marriage.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2XLwNfF

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form