Trinny Woodall: 'I accidentally wore my yellow suit to a requiem mass'

The former co-presenter of What Not to Wear on treating fast fashion garments with respect – and how the right shoes made her favourite look zing

Yellow is one of my favourite colours. I always associate it with happiness and joy. This isn’t my perfect shade, which would be more lemony, but it just about does it. I usually put yellow and white together, but the last time I wore this I paired it with a yellow shirt. I wanted to be a beacon of yellowness.

I wore it earlier this month to what I thought was a memorial. It was for a lady who was one of the most energetic women I’ve ever met. Her name was Maya and she had died from cancer, aged 60. She just exuded positivity and fabulousness and I wanted to celebrate her life. I walked in and realised it was a requiem mass – I was the only person not wearing black. For a second, I worried about what all the staunch Catholics would think, but then I thought: I don’t care. My friend always liked the way I dressed and I imagined her looking down and thinking: here she is, dressing for me.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian http://bit.ly/2UhVPji

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form