Himalayan salt lamp: allergen trapper, insomnia cure or just a fancy light?

It looks banging on a bookcase and you can even get one in the shape of a penguin. But I am yet to feel the health benefits of these salty blocks

Salt is magic. Is there anything it can’t do? Back in my pirate days, we used it instead of a fridge, so I always had two barrels of it to hand. One was for pork and beef, the other for flounders and goatfish, and all our meals were washed down with a hardtack cracker. This was 2004, mind you, and I wasn’t a proper pirate – I downloaded one Killers album over LimeWire, then decided I couldn’t live with the danger.

These days, I still reach for coarse, fine, koshering, pink, smoked and celery. I have salts for the bath and the dishwasher, I use salt to soak up stains and gargle away sore throats. This week, I’m trying it for lighting.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian http://bit.ly/2V2aVPg

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form