How I fell in love with romance novels | Calla Wahlquist

I know I match an unkind stereotype and that to say I like romance is to invite people to dismiss me as frivolous and silly

Journalism is a good career for the perpetually anxious. It doesn’t allow time to dwell on failures and expands to fill all available space, meaning you can ignore everything that isn’t work. This is quite relaxing until suddenly it isn’t.

I have a number of techniques for dealing with the frittering restlessness that follows. Watching four seasons of a television show in a week. Listening to Good Omens on audiobook while lying on the floor. Watching every available episode of QI so there’s always someone talking, even when I am sleeping or in the shower.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian http://bit.ly/2RwB85P

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form