Experience: my Airbnb guests threw a New Year party for 300 people

My artwork was not on the walls, there was furniture missing, the glass panel on my staircase was shattered

“What’s the worst that can happen?” I thought when I put my house on Airbnb. While I didn’t have a warm feeling about strangers sleeping in my bed, I was intrigued by the idea. I was recently divorced and I bought my home, with three bedrooms and views of New York’s Hudson River, at the end of 2016. It represented a new chapter for me. Its contemporary architecture isn’t for everyone, but I was seeking to simplify my life. My two teenage boys stay with me half the time.

Last December, I put the house on Airbnb and rented it four or five times. The listing explicitly said no parties. Then a request came through to book the house for one night on New Year’s Day. It was from a young man, probably in his early 20s. He had one review but it was terrific. He told me he owned a small record label and wanted to use the house to get some Instagram shots. I’d had a model with the same request before, so it wasn’t unusual.

Continue reading...

from Lifestyle | The Guardian http://bit.ly/2GLf6bj

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form